Job ID #2459: Human Resources Division Manager - Testing & Classification
Add to my list | Show My List | Print job listing | Back to job listings
|Position||Human Resources Division Manager - Testing & Classification|
|Salary||$114,492.00 - $148,164.00 Annually |
|Agency||City of Santa Clara|
|Deadline||January 14, 2019|
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree in industrial relations, personnel administration, public administration, business administration, psychology or a closely related field; and
- Three (3) years of professional journey-level experience in personnel administration or an approved related field.
- A Master's degree in public administration, personnel administration, or a closely related field is desirable.
- Certification in Human Resources Management from an accredited program/institution is desirable.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Under general direction:
- Manage the Testing and Classification Division of the Human Resources Department;
- Direct the City's employment function including recruitment and testing of applicants seeking entrance into or working within regular City service;
- Oversee and perform complex classification and compensation projects; provide technical consultation and direction to staff on test construction and administration; manage classification, compensation administration and analysis, and organizational issues;
- Supervise assigned staff in the construction, analysis, review and administration of a wide variety of personnel selection procedures including written, performance and oral examinations;
- Conduct surveys on comparative employee salaries and fringe benefits and research comparison benefit programs;
- Plans, organizes and directs Human Resources Division activities including benefits administration, recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and other related activities
- Recommend policy regarding personnel rules, regulations and procedures;
- Make appropriate recommendations following established City rules and regulations and state and federal laws and guidelines;
- Serve as staff liaison, as assigned, to city commissions and/or committees
- Assist the Director of Human Resources in performing special studies, surveys and other assignments related to personnel administration including personnel and financial matters of the assigned division;
- Perform special studies, investigations and other work as directed by the City Manager;
- Assist in budget implementation and participate in forecasting additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies
- Supervise or act as lead employee to staff involved in any of the assignments; and
- Perform other work as assigned.
|To Apply||To receive consideration for the screening process, the Human Resources Department must receive completed resume packets no later than 4:00 p.m., January 14, 2019. Resume Packets must include a City Application, "Letter of Interest and Intent," and a detailed resume. Applicants may submit resume packets using the "Apply Now" feature from the job announcement on www.santaclaraca.gov or submit hard copies to the City of Santa Clara Human Resources Department,1500 Warburton Ave. Santa Clara, CA 95050.|